Term 1 2023 Secondary School Competition
Venue: Jellie Park
TUESDAY A Grade Girls 14th,21st,28th Feb,7th,14th,21st March (6 weeks)
THURSDAY A Grade Boys 16th Feb, 2nd,9th,16th,23rd March,6th April (6 weeks)
WEDNESDAY B Grade Boys & Girls 15th,22nd Feb,1st, 8th,15th, 22nd March (6 weeks)
Entries Open: Tuesday 31st January and can be done so via Superforms from Sporty.co.nz.
Entries Close: Thursday 9th February
Draw available: Sunday 12th February
A grade teams are required to be named by Tuesday 14th February
A Grade will cost $700. This cost DOES include pool entry.
B Grade will cost $700. This cost DOES include pool entry.
Team and Grade Conditions
- Teams will consist of up to a maximum of 13 players per team.
- Teams must have a minimum of 10 players before entering a team.
- Players named in an A Grade team cannot then play in B Grade team.
4. Games will be played on the 45 minutes
5. A maximum of 6 teams per grade per gender will be able to enter the A Grade Competition.
6. If entries exceeded spaces available, teams will be graded based on previous
7. First named team wears white caps unless unavailable.
8. Entering this competition is an acceptance that each team will abide by the
CWP code of conduct.
9. If the number of teams entered exceed the number of places available, CWP may need to impose restrictions on the number of teams a school may enter.
All teams will be expected to play on their allocated night. If any of the above dates clash with a school event, a school representative must notify email@example.com prior to Tuesday 7th February. The draw will be available on Friday 10thFebruary and will be available on the Canterbury Water Polo website.
Results will be uploaded to the Canterbury Water Polo website each week. It is the school’s responsibility to check these are correct. Results & draws are posted on our website: www.canterburywaterpolo.org.nz
A table duty will accompany the weekly draw. Failure to show to scheduled duty will result in a $50 fine to the school concerned. Schools will not be able to play until this is paid.
It is expected that all teams will provide their own playing caps. If this is not possible, please let Canterbury Water Polo know.
Canterbury Water Polo will provide playing balls.
With direction from the Pool Controller, teams scheduled for the first game of the evening are asked to help with set up. Teams scheduled for the last game of the evening are kindly asked to help with pack down.
If a team wishes to default, they must notify Canterbury Water Polo at least 24hrs prior to the scheduled gameotherwise you may incur a $50 default fine. A simple explanation will be needed for the purpose of the results sheet. Please note that a default is a loss and will not result in a reschedule of the game.
In the event of any cancellations the named Team Manager will be contacted and the
website will be updated accordingly.
Laura Hammond will be point of contact for term 1 - firstname.lastname@example.org